Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Wall Stencil

Hey all! I recently decided to start to tackle painting my master bedroom. I want to stencil one wall for numerous reasons. 1. It's unique and different. 2. It's cheap. 3. When we try to sale the house, it's a better selling feature rather than wallpaper. They can just paint over it. 4. Did I mention that it's cheap?

The only bad thing is that it will probably take FOREVER. Man, what is it with me and trying to complete these loooong projects?

Well I looked online at places such as ETSY and most stencils that I liked were around 30 dollars. I really am drawn to the Moroccan ones. Then I luckily stumbled upon this tutorial and fell in love. Check it out: tutorial It even came with a free stencil. Yes, FREE!

jonesdesigncompany.com  
I think I want to do some form of white paint with silver stenciling. What do you think? I'm definitely going to have a blue comforter when my birthday rolls around and think silver paint would look really great ! Well I have it pictured in my head, but seeing it on the walls might be a whole other story!

In the meantime, check out these other photos:

cuttingedgestencils.com

re-nest.com  
royaldesignstudio.com

7thhouseontheleft.com

1 comment:

  1. Stenciling is a great idea! Wallpaper is so annoying to have to deal with when you buy a house. Thanks for the insights :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you!