Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zucchini and Tomato Pasta

This is a favorite of mine and Daniel's. It's really simple to make and healthy too! I got this recipe a while ago from simpledailyrecipes.com

2 medium zucchinis, julienned (which pretty much means cut into slivers)
4 cloves garlic, chopped (I use minced garlic..so much easier)
2 shallots, diced (I leave these out...tastes just as good!)
3 tomatoes, diced
4 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
crushed red pepper flakes to taste (this is what makes it a little spicy...I put about a tsp in mine because we like spicy foods)
12 oz high fiber angel hair pasta, like Barilla Plus
1/4 cup fat free chicken or veggie broth (I use chicken)
Parmesan cheese
Parsley

Cook pasta. Meanwhile, saute oil and garlic for about a minute. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 2 min. Add tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, chicken broth and adjust salt and pepper. Stir for another minute. Drain pasta and mix with veggies. Top with parmesan cheese.

Trust me, you'll thank me later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!